You need a website for your dentistry practice. Maybe it is a new website or maybe you want to redesign it to create a better image or get more new patients. You are trying to figure out what is important for dental websites.
Dental Websites Musts
- Objectives: Start with your business objectives for this new website. This will give you clarity to what to focus on. You will want to rank order these so you can address these in order as you plan your dental website. Examples might be: Acquire new patients, provide a trustworthy image for the practice, and educate patients on available procedures.
- Competition: Spend time looking at your competitor websites. Prospective patients will be shopping for a new dentist and be comparing dentists based on what they see. This could be colors, layout, calls to action, types of information they present, use of video, etc. Which websites (or which features) are most compelling.
- Home Page: Your home page introduces a prospective patient to your practice and is the single most important page on your website. Your layout and visual appearance is very important. The visual images should appeal to your targeted demographic. Have clear call to actions such as request an appointment, call should be highly visible and seen without the need to scroll down.
- Mobile: Your new website must look good on all devices. This means a desktop display, mobile phone, tablet and mini-tablet. Many templates and packaged dental websites lack this kind of mobile presentation. Verify that your developer has the skills and tools to do this correctly.
- Content: Provide the content your patients are looking for when they come to your website. Patients typically want to see the office phone number, address and hours on every page. Include reviews / testimonials to provide social proof that you provide good quality service. Include a driving directions map on your contact page and perhaps your home page.
- Educate: Your services pages are very important to not only show the services that you provide, but also information about the procedures. Patients trust sources that educate, so providing good informative content on your website helps improve your trust and credibility.
- Traffic: If you want traffic to come from Google searches, then you need build the SEO into your website. People will search for your services such as cosmetic dentistry or implant dentist combined with the city /state. Building up the services area of your website using original content with your address on every page will really help.
Dental websites that are built with a clear purpose and provide content prospective new patients are looking for is really important.